Sunday 21 April 2013

Celebration of Nexcellence: Robert Tunstall's Music!

I was neckstatic when I listened to Robert Tunstall's music .. what a presence in the blogosphere! Dear bloggy friends, in WellAdjustedRob's blog he tells us about his compositions and you can listen to them on last fm. I urge you to - they are brilliant!

My favourite is Suite Ajigasawa Part 2. As you know, I love Shostakovich, so when WellAdjustedRob referred in a recent post to his influence, I was intrigued. Once I heard one track I had to sit and listen to the lot.

(I'd intended to post one of my favourite Runrig tracks last night to coincide with Burns Night, as I know that many of you were celebrating. Apologies to Runrig, but I spent all the time I had available listening to Robert Tunstall!)

As well as the phenomenal instrumentals, Robert has many other tracks where he 'plays his cello like a guitar'!

I am a fan!

A MEME

Jeane at ARTIT recently invited us to participate in a meme, to which I joyfully responded because it will mean I get something made by her! A work of art by Jeane? Yes please!! I also couldn't resist responding to Derrick's (Melrose Musings) posting of the same meme - the thought of a Melrose memento is so appealing!

Here's the meme which I now offer to you, dear readers!

I have altered it a little, (as Jeane did), to accommodate my intergalactic situation. I am also limiting it to bloggers with whom I have fairly regular two way interaction ...

Here it is:

The first five of you to comment requesting this will get something made by me. My choice. For you!

This offer does have some restrictions and limitations;
- What I create will be just for you, (the copyright remains mine).
- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
- You will receive your item by email, or if you prefer not to give your email address, it will just be posted up on my blog for you.
- You will receive the item before the end of the year, or sooner.
- You will have no clue what I am going to make.

If you wish, you can repost this meme and make and send out five surprises of your own. But no obligation here! Like many, I do not like any 'chain' implications of memes. However, it would be such fun to create special surprises for five of my dear bloggy friends!