Sunday 21 April 2013

Premio Dardos Award!

I had a lovely surprise this morning to find that Barbara Martin has given me the 'Premio Dardos' award! Thank you so much, Barbara, I am honoured!

(Being something of a non-technically-savvy giraffe, after several attempts, I have not yet been able to copy and paste the award from Barbara's blog ... hence my temporary fix in the above image!! I'd appreciate instructions in my comments - in the meantime, perhaps my nominees would be able to collect their award image via Barbara Martin's blog?)

The award 'Premio Dardos' is for the appreciation of merits - culturally, literary and individually - of every blogger who expresses him/herself on his/her blog.

1. be tickled pink ;)
2. copy and paste the award picture to your blog;
3. write down the regulations;
4. link the blog who bestowed you the Award;
5. and finally nominate 15 blogs for the Award.

As Barbara mentions on her blog, there have been comments that the awards are like chain mail letters. Therefore there is no obligation to take this up. I too have chosen 11 nominees, and these may choose whether or not to nominate others for the award:

1. The Weaver of Grass; A farmer's wife living in the Yorkshire Dales, The Weaver of Grass writes outstanding poetry. Her daily postings also feature her countryside, local history and everyday events portrayed in such a way that I'm eagerly waiting for the next post!

2. Melrose Musings; Derrick of Melrose posts compellingly about a range of subjects, from opera to his extensive travels to local interest.

3. Life at Willow Manor; Willow's uplifting posts cover a diverse range of cultural and creative subjects.

4. Poetikat's Blasts from the Past; A wonderful trip down memory lane - reminders of our early days stirring up memories we may have forgotten and creating new ones!

5. Passport Diaries; Marigirl's amazing documentation of her travels. Currently in Japan, she gives unusual and riveting glimpses into the culture of many countries.

6. ARTIT; Following the progress of Jeane's artworks is an inspiration!

7. From The House of Edward; Pamela Terry's elegant and charming writing and images lift the spirits. Edward is irresistable!

8. Thatchwick Cottage; Eleanor's warm welcome to her lovely garden and her descriptions and photographs of South Africa give inspiring insights into her country.

9. Summit Manor; The poems and photographs of Tom Atkins lift the spirit!

10. The Solitary Walker; A visit here challenges my thinking. Poetry, excerpts from books and SW's own writing all make me ponder through the day, before writing my comments.

11. The Middenshire Chronicles; One of my very favourites, Chris Hale is an excellent wordsmith who writes about a range of topics and encourages interaction and the sharpening of one's own wit - an irresistable blog!

Thank you all you wonderful bloggers for enriching my life - you all well deserve your awards! Thank you again to Barbara Martin.