Sunday 21 April 2013

Which way neckst?


For days and days I stayed in the warm little tree-house refuge, watching for a lessening of the snow, and reading. Oh the cosiness and comfort of roasted nut casseroles and winter fruit loaf, but how I missed my family! I hoped they were reading this blog, so they wouldn't be too worried about me.

One magenta-hued afternoon the snow seemed to have stopped, and I stood outside on a branch and surveyed the landscape below. It was time to set off to find my way home ...


I walked long across snow-covered hills and valleys, craning my neck to see what lay ahead. All was well until I reached a frozen river that opened out to a large lake. All ice-covered and daunting to a giraffe with a tendency to clumsiness! But where else could I go?

Tentatively I stepped forward on to the ice. As I slithered and swayed, I caught sight of what looked like a strange sea monster in the distance. Crash! Distracted, I landed flat on the ice, and quickly crawled my way back to the shore.



A terrific sound of cracking ice followed, and I was startled to see the ice moving up rather than down! As I gazed in consternation, imagine my surprise when heard a merry voice raised in song: 'Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle!' From beneath the ice rose the familiar and oh-so-welcome shape of Necktune's Chariot, with Captain Gurgle grinning at the helm! Behind him the dear faces of my family beamed and I heard Necky Becky shrieking 'Dad, Dad!' Maureen stood in the doorway and held out her hand.


What celebration on the way home! The non-stop party we've had since arriving back at Necky Knoll House!

Thank you dear tree giraffes for your cosy refuge. And thank you to Blogger, for it was from seeing my posts and photos that Captain Gurgle was able to work out my whereabouts!